Friday, January 27, 2006

Liberal & Conservative | Political partisanship reflects neither reality nor a sound basis for leadership













A sign of sophistication,
of the state of the modern body politic,
of shrewd mature experiences,
of all such tools I thought were needed to govern a society.
A postulate, evolution of a golden rule--
distilled down to two essentials,
revealing the natural duality of a paradigm?

Liberal or Conservative:
this is more than the edict of the hegemony.
Nay, it's sanctified, ordained, delivered and trusted,
this is artifice practiced at the highest levels.
Almost without exception,
upon this point our public representation all agree,
it doth appear.

Of the two, which are you?
What sense, what logic, what benefit is there,
in this that I cannot seem to find?
I see my truth, my reality.

It’s a lie if I deny that I am both,
liberal and conservative,
a conclusion I fear they will deride.

Aren't both needed,
to function properly,
essential to survive?
Obvious,
axiomatic,
of practical assumption is this principle notion,
not something exclusive or contrived,
I thought?
Not so, it seems,
and I quite earnestly don’t know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment