Thursday, November 17, 2005

It takes a community | modus vivendi

On my frequent forrays out into the world, I forget the huge contributions made by those who understand the importance of being a community. A community implies sharing and helping, and SourceForge.net, as a repository for Open Source community, is a remarkable product of that idea. Another is the phenominally successful member supported body of knowlege on the web is Wikipedia.

What's remarkable beyond the efforts it takes to support these entities is that they are in no way out-of-date or archaic. Today I needed more information on IP blocking program called Guardian 2. I found everything I needed and more through these two sites -- it blows me away how good they are.

Thank you to all of you out there who contribute to the keeping the spirit of community alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment