Sunday, May 04, 2008

Skype leaves me speechless.


As much as I love using Skype, the poplular VoIP service, I ran into a major problem when I up-graded to version 6.3.0.248. Each time I made a call, everything went fine, that is until I tried to speak - and then nothing.

My biggest gripe was that it took a lot of unnecessary time to figure out what was wrong; that the problem wasn't my system but Skype, itself. Instead of trying to find a work around - unwilling to spend the time - I opted to go back to an earlier version, which I did by downloading one from OldVersions.com.

Unfortunately, this sort of problem isn't unique to Skype but a whole host of popular software programs, who launch very "buggy" versions without really thoroughly testing them first. Part of maintaining customer loyalty, is providing consistent quality of service. In my mind, that means that the basics should work, don't you agree?

Skype, I must tell you. If I wanted to have a one-way conversation, I could just talk to my ex.

No comments:

Post a Comment